Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT):
We are seeking either a full or part time RVT with the following qualities:
- Works well with others
- Comfortable handling dogs, cats, and pocket pets
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Previous experience at other hospitals or clinics preferred, but not required
Duties Will Include:
- Assisting doctors and other RVTs with patients
- Administration of different medications and vaccinations
- Taking blood from patients
- Restraining animals
- Assisting during surgeries
- Helping with general tasks around the clinic when necessary (answering phones, emails, keeping areas clean throughout the day, etc).
We are seeking a full time receptionist with the following qualities:
- Works well with others and great people skills
- Ability work efficiently
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Able to work with animals (dogs, cats, rabbits, and other small animals)
- Previous animal related work experience or volunteering
- Interest in the Veterinary industry
- Proficient computer skills
Duties will include:
- Scheduling appointments
- Greeting and checking in/out clients
- Answering the phone
- Checking the clinic's email
- Inputting patient records into the computer
- Filing paperwork and patient folders
- Ensuring the waiting areas stay clean
Interested in a career involving veterinary medicine? Shadowing/volunteering is a great way to see if a career in this field is right for you! Please fill out the form below for more information. Must be 18 years or older to shadow/volunteer.
If you are interested in any of the above positions, please call us at (650)-341-7741 or fill out the form below for more information and instructions for submitting your resume!
Looking to start your new career?
Laurelwood Veterinary Clinic